Hadley House, 42 New Street, Ross-on-wye, Herefordshire, HR9 7DA | £325,000 | 5 bedroom Semi-Detached
- Town Location, 2 Receptions, 5 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms
- Built in 1640, No Chain, Part Exchange Considered, Garden(s)
- Central Heating, Feature Fireplace, Character Property
- Period Features, Wooden Flooring, Bespoke Kitchen
If you’d enjoy living in a large Georgian house, but didn’t think your budget would stretch to it, this could be for you. The property is in move-in condition, no work to do inside or out, with space, style and character to spare.
Hadley House offers generous accommodation, measuring approximately 2366.8 sq ft.
- 5 double bedrooms, 1st floor family bathroom, separate 1st floor shower room, 2 storage lofts, gallery landing, 2 large reception rooms, kitchen, pantry, downstairs WC, cellar, utility room and a secure, peaceful walled garden
- Fully refurbished, structurally and cosmetically, excellent condition inside & out, with detailed invoices for all the work
- Exceptionally spacious receptions and bedrooms with loads of original character features
- High quality fixtures & fittings throughout: solid oak, seagrass and natural slate flooring, recent high-end Bathroom with underfloor heating and Kitchen (inc AGA, plus separate integrated Neff electric oven, induction hob and dishwasher). Shower room newly refitted Sept. 2012
- Great natural light throughout with big sash windows and high ceilings on the upper floors
- Excellent energy efficiency, thoroughly insulated (even between floors), double glazed where listed status allows, highest efficiency pressurized condensing boiler and heating system – see EPC
- Located on a one way quiet residential side street conveniently close to the shops, on high ground (no flood risk), yet still only 200 metres from the park and River Wye
- Mains Gas, Water and Electricity
- Mains fire/smoke detection and burglar alarm (24/7 Central Station monitoring and response included in maintenance contract)
- Council Tax Band C and low outgoings
- A HUGE saving on an equivalent property with large gardens
- Large (11m x 3.5M+) walled courtyard garden, no lawn. Private, secure, attractively planted & very peaceful. Plus the park is just round the corner
- Resident’s permit (x2) parking. The vendors also privately rent two additional spaces in a secure gated car park at the end of the street (allowing the vendors parking for up to 4 vehicles in total)
The present owners have lovingly restored this exceptional property, no expense spared, as their family home over the last 5 years. They have recently bought a property with land in Monmouthshire and Hadley House will be let if not sold.
Viewings arranged via House Network Ltd.
entrance door with Georgian fanlight over, quarry tiled flooring, 12 coat hooks
Alarm control panel. Radiator, fitted seagrass/sisal natural flooring, ceiling spotlights, stairs to first floor landing
LOUNGE 21’7 x 15’8 max (6.58m x 4.78m max)
Two sash windows with frosted secondary glazing, two radiators, solid oak flooring, ceiling spotlights, inglenook fireplace fitted with gas stove, quarry tiled hearth and oak beam lintel. Wall mounted 42" Panasonic Viera plasma flat screen TV with concealed wiring and multimedia wall plate with connections for satellite TV, Hifi, games console, DVD, audio and other HD media entertainment devices.
DINING ROOM 16’2 x 11’2 max (4.93m x 3.40m max)
Exposed period wide board pine flooring, panelled walls, exposed beams, ceiling spotlights, open plan to kitchen, french doors to rear courtyard, boiler cupboard, under-stairs deep storage cupboard. Return lobby to lounge with fitted library shelving, natural seagrass/sisal flooring, ceiling spotlight, feature Georgian brick and timbered wall.
PANTRY 7’3 x 4’2 max (2.21m x 1.27m max)
Space for American style fridge freezer, hoover, bin, etc. Fitted deep pantry shelving. Vinyl flooring. Access hatch to cellar.
KITCHEN 16’4 x 8’0 (4.98m x 2.44m)
Bespoke kitchen (fitted July 2010) with a matching range of base and eye level units with Corian worktops, seamless integrated corian sink with mixer tap, integrated Neff dishwasher, built-in electric fan assisted oven, gas AGA (new 2009), built-in four ring induction hob, windows to rear, Fired Earth natural slate tiled flooring, exposed beams, ceiling spotlights, rear door to courtyard.
Obscure window to rear, two piece white suite comprising, wash hand basin and close coupled WC, tiled splashbacks, quarry tiled flooring.
UTILITY ROOM 7’9 x 7’5 max (2.36m x 2.26m max)
Base units with round edged worktops, stainless steel sink with single drainer and mixer tap, plumbing for washing machine, space and vent for tumble drier, fitted shelving, two windows to rear, vinyl flooring.
Feature Georgian staircase. 17’ ceiling height. Fitted seagrass/sisal natural flooring, ceiling spotlights, carpeted stairs to second floor galleried landing, door to deep under-stairs storage/airing cupboard.
SHOWER ROOM 7’7 x 3’6 max (2.31m x 1.07m max)
Newly refitted Sept. 2012. Natural Travertine marble tiled walk-in shower cubicle with glass door, Mira “Silver” thermostatic shower, recessed cubby shelf in cubicle with lighting, heated towel rail, window to rear, slate tiled flooring.
BEDROOM 1 16’3 x 12’3 (4.95m x 3.73m)
Large double bedroom, coved ceiling, secondary glazed sash window to front, radiator, fitted carpet, high ceiling.
BEDROOM 2 16’3 x 12’9 max (4.95m x 3.89m max)
Large double bedroom, ornate ceiling coving and decorative feature arch. Secondary glazed sash window to front, radiator, solid oak flooring, feature fireplace, high ceiling.
BEDROOM 5 10’3 x 10’2 max (3.12m x 3.10m max)
Double bedroom. Window to rear, radiator, fitted carpet, ceiling spotlights.
FAMILY BATHROOM 9’9 x 8’9 (2.97m x 2.67m)
Three piece white suite comprising Duravit double ended free standing bath, Royo white glass double vanity wash hand basin with twin taps over two self closing drawers unit. Wall mounted Royo White gloss storage cupboard with self-close doors. Duravit close coupled WC with self-closing seat & lid, full height mosaic tiling, heated towel rail, extractor fan, double glazed window to rear, mosaic tiled flooring, thermostatically controlled under floor heating, ceiling spotlights, mirror finish steel medicine cabinet.
PVCu double glazed window to side, fitted natural seagrass/sisal flooring, ceiling spotlights. Gallery overlooking first floor.
BEDROOM 3 16’3 x 12’7 max (4.95m x 3.84m max)
Large double bedroom. PVCu double glazed window to rear, sash window to front, radiator, solid oak flooring, feature fireplace.
BEDROOM 4 16’2 x 12’5 max (4.93m x 3.78m max)
Large double bedroom. Sash window to front, solid oak flooring, access to loft, feature fireplace.
CELLAR 13’10 x 12’6 max (4.22m x 3.81m max)
Flagstone floor. Full standing height. Shelving/wine racks.
REAR 36’0 x 12’0 (10.97m x 3.66m)
Low maintenance paved courtyard with pergola. Walled, totally secure and not overlooked. Outside tap. Motion sensor security lighting. Raised beds and various containers planted with established evergreen shrubs and climbers.